mardi 29 janvier 2008

"The New Year"

Aw ni fama sa! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know. It's been a while. I won't list for you all of my excuses for going MIA, just these two: it is/was quite difficult for me to get to Internet access, and when I get/got there my computer dies/died. My trusty laptop has met its not-that-unexpected demise. Fortunately for you, that does not necessarily mean even less Internet time for me. Praise be to Allah, San (my banking town) now has a cyber cafe within walking distance of the Peace Corps stage house. I have made it my personal mission to make sure it stays in business. I have also made a goal (I refuse to call it a new year's resolution) to post more often here and make my posts more educational and less list-of-things-I-did-today. I'm afraid I'm out of time today to update you on my Ramadan, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Tabaski, Christmas, and New Year's activities, but hopefully the following photos will be a sufficient visual substitute.

http://georgetown.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100143&l=b8ffa&id=1404038
http://georgetown.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100148&l=dcc22&id=1404038
http://georgetown.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100151&l=93c27&id=1404038
http://georgetown.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100157&l=98527&id=1404038

Don't feel bad, you don't have to look at them all. But I know some of you out there are sorely in need of new procrastination material.

Thank you to all those who sent Christmas greetings and/or PRESENTS. Just FYI, there is an international flat rate box available through the US Postal System. It's $37 for up to 20 lbs. Not a subtle hint, just a friendly tip from a cheapskate. I hope you all have a productive, happy, and blessed 2008. I'll let you know how mine turns out. Aw sambe sambe, TAS.

Aucun commentaire: